Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Break, Y'all!

Major accomplishment, guys: I have finished my first semester of college!  I am now more highly educated than some significant proportion of the country that I am way too lazy to look up.  *Fist bump!*

This is a good time to talk about the college time-table.  Stop thinking about "four years".  I know it is tempting - you spent four years in high school, so it makes sense to think of college like that too, but it is an erroneous assumption.  College is not four years.  It is eight semesters.  This is an important distinction because every semester you will get new classes, new teachers, a new big fat tuition bill, and a new hatred for cafeteria food.

Anyway, make sure you don't make the mistake of undermining your accomplishment of conquering each and every semester!  It's a big deal to pass all of your classes over a four month period - and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!  Hats off to all of my fellow 1/8 of the way there-ers, as well as to all of you yet-to-be-former-peakers-ers.  May you all pass 1/8 of your classes :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment