Wednesday, September 26, 2012

School Specific Advice

I have been trying to keep these posts as neutral as Flanhoffer is a debate but there are a lot of things that I want to write about that may or may not be specific to Whitworth.  Obviously, I am not the Great and All Knowing Resource of All Colleges because I've only been to Whitworth so I have no idea how different it is here compared to other schools.  So, because I'm awesome and a revolutionary and you can't stop me because it's my blog, I am inventing a term.

Possexclusadvice: N, a warning put at the top of columns stating the content within that particular column MAY apply to only some schools, some types of schools, or only to Whitworth.  Ex: The possexclusadvice was very funny even though I couldn't be sure if I would ever need to use it as I am a turd and will not attend Whitworth.

I will have to have a minor scuffle with my spell-checking software so that it recognizes my new term as legit.  It is so hard to be a revolutionary...

So, any posts that might contain elements exclusive to Whitworth or a certain kind of school (liberal arts, Faith-based, small, etc) will have the word possexclusadvice at the top, followed by what the advice may possibly be exclusive to.  Remember, I'm not doing any research or anything for this blog so I won't know if my advice will actually be exclusive or not, I just don't want to mislead you into thinking that all schools have weekly concerts in the Loop (or some other such awesome Whitworthism).

The natural thing to do here is to simply apply to Whitworth because you can just check a box on your common app and there's no essay or anything and then, when you get an awesome scholarship, you can come to Whitworth and then you will be glad that I wrote columns just for you and you will feel special.

So stay tuned!  Tomorrow will be the first possexclusadvice post about cafeteria food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment