Thursday, January 24, 2013

Colorado's Flag

I have a Colorado flag hanging over my closet.  It is actually a long story about how the closets used to have doors but they sucked and were removed so most people bought curtains to cover their closets but I just really didn't care if people could see my clothes so I didn't but then I got a Colorado flag because it was cool and didn't have anywhere to put it because the walls in my dorm room are plastered with show posters and/or pictures of Thor, so I hung the flag over my closet and pretended that I had intended to do that with it all along.  Yeah.

Anyway, I have always liked the Colorado flag - it's sort of modern arty/graphic designy in a very hipster way.  Our flag beats the krap out of the Washington flag which, creatively, features George Washington's head.  Apparently, however, most people have been assuming that my Colorado flag is some kind of janky, off-color Cubs flag.  This sort of makes sense, ish, but really the comparison is pretty weak.  I mean, sure the Cubs flag has a big red "C" on it with something inside of it and the background is blue, but the Colorado flag totally has a stripe on it.  They only sort of look like 80% the same.

So consider yourself forewarned: if you bring a Colorado flag to college, people might think that you are a Cubs fan with a weird flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment