Monday, November 12, 2012

Necessities that are Necessary #1

Necessary Necessity #1: An electric tea kettle

All college students are hipsters to a certain extent (let's face it, you can't read Virginia Woolf and not be a little bit hipster).  Because of this, you will drink tea even if you don't like tea.  I would actually suggest that you learn to like tea now because tea is awesome.

Anyway, boiling water in a microwave is really annoying and if you are me then you tend to burn yourself every time you try it.  To that end, it is best to invest in a really good electric kettle and learn that it is best not to add the teabags directly to the kettle (shockingly, you have to wait until you pour the water into your mug to add the teabag).

For extra points, try drinking tea out of a mason jar whilst wearing a slouchy home-made hat.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That was hipster. :P What kinds of tea do you like? I like Lemon Zinger and any peppermint tea I can get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a really good licorice spice tea here that I love but I'm not sure that they have it in Colorado. Peppermint is also good, and chai.

      Delete