Friday, October 12, 2012

College Clocks

Every college is in its own little time-zone.  It's some kind of weird Twilight Zone time-warp thing that ends in no one getting any sleep ever.  Things just start late in college and I really don't get it.  I mean, what about 9:45 PM says "Gee, wouldn't it be great if we went to a Zumba class right now!?".  I don't know about normal people, but I don't really want to go to things that don't even start until 10 or 11 at night, especially when I have class the next day.

There are people in the dorm that I have never seen asleep.  Ok, that sounds creepy - like I seek out people to watch sleep.  But seriously, I have always gone to sleep before these people and gotten up after them.  I spent a year and a half as an insomniac and I got more sleep then than these people do now.

Things just start late here.  This wouldn't really be a problem if things didn't also start early.  I can't go to a 10:00 PM church service that lasts for two hours, do homework for an hour, and get up the next day for an 8:00 class.  Maybe some people can but those people have more Adderall than I do.

So pretty much, you have to pick between sleeping and going to everything.  Pick like one school night a week to go to things late at night and sleep the rest of the time.  I promise that if you don't go to everything, you will not become a social pariah.  No one will even remember you not being there unless you routinely incite rebellion or stand on a soap-box and give Preuss-like lectures.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Preuss was the best teacher to have if you wanted to learn, just not about the subject that he was actually teaching

      Delete
    2. Well that's probably because he would just go off on random tangents. Like Deerborn, MI or soccer, or Germany. He was great! :) His class was probably my favorite sophomore year.

      Delete